IMPORTANT NOTE: The services offered under this agreement are self-help resources and are not a substitute for medical treatment by an appropriately qualified medical professional.
ABOUT US: We operate the website www.freedomfromfeargroup.com (‘this website’). We are Anxiety Free International CIC (‘AFI’), a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 7277149 and with our registered office at Sandbourne House, 302 Charminster Road Bournemouth Dorset BH8 9RU United Kingdom.
‘The Forum’ the electronic members’ forum within this website.
‘Member’ a member of AFI
‘Joining Fee’ is the initial membership fee payable when first becoming a member of AFI.
“Initial Term” one year from the payment of the Joining Fee
‘Membership Fee’ is the annual fee payable for continued membership of AFI.
“Subsequent Term” one year from the payment of the Membership Fee
“Membership Services” the online support forum and chat room within this website and any other service provide within the website from time to time
“Members Area” the area of this site only accessible to logged on members
“Directors” those in the office of directors of AFI or exercising those powers by virtue of an authorised delegation by the directors.
“The Program” the Freedom From Fear Recovery program authored by David Johnson
“User Content” means material (including without limitation text, images, audio material, video material and audio-visual material) that you submit to our website including your username but otherwise excluding your personal details.
- By paying your Joining Fee you are applying to become a member of AFI and you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and AFI’s Articles of Association.
- Subject to the provisions of these terms and conditions the Joining Fee entitles you to become a member of AFI for the Initial Term and access to the Membership Services for the duration of your membership.
- Membership shall last for the Initial Term and thereafter shall expire unless membership is renewed for a Subsequent Term by payment of the Membership Fee.
- In the event that the Membership Fee is not paid before expiry of the Initial Term Membership will lapse and access to the Membership Services will be revoked until such time as the Membership fee is paid.
- The Directors of AFI reserve the right to permanently or temporarily refuse, suspend, limit or revoke your membership or access to Membership Services should you: (a) breach these terms and conditions; or
- fail to adhere to the membership rules that are put in place from time to time; or
- behave in such a way that leads the Directors to reasonably conclude that your participation or the forum or membership is a threat to your wellbeing or the wellbeing of any other member.
USER REGISTRATION AND LOGGING IN AND OUT
- To post, upload or download materials, communicate via and to access this site, Membership Services, resources and certain or all Site content you will be asked to provide registration details and on returning to the site on subsequent visits you will be required to log on.
- It is a condition of use of this site, Membership Services and site content that all registration details you provide are correct and complete.
- You agree to notify AFI immediately of any changes which are relevant to your registration by updating your information through the Members Area.
PASSWORDS AND ACCOUNT DETAILS
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and username.
- Any unauthorised use of your membership account or other breach of security should be reported to AFI immediately.
- You may not disclose or make available your user name, or password to others, any disclosure by you of your account name and password may result in termination of your membership.
FORUM AND CHAT ROOM
- You agree that you will comply with the rules for the forum and chat room as put in place from time to time by the Directors.
- By uploading User Content to this site you grant to us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your user content in any existing or future media. You also grant to us the right to sub-license these rights, and the right to bring an action for infringement of these rights.
- You will be entitled to to download The Program to one personal computer and one personal audio player for your personal use only.
- You agree to indemnify AFI against any breach of copyright or any other intellectual property rights brought about by failure to adhere to 5.1.
- You accept that once you receive confirmation that your membership has been accepted and you access this website, the Members Services, the Forum or the Program provided under this contract the services will be deemed to have commenced and you will have no right to refund.
- If we fail to comply with these terms and conditions, we shall only be liable to you for the Joining Fee or in subsequent years the Membership Fee.
- We will not be liable for losses that result from our failure to comply with these terms and conditions.
Nothing in this agreement excludes or limits our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- any breach of the obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982;
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987; [or]
- any other matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude or attempt to exclude our liability.
- You agree to receiving all notices under the Companies Acts related to AFI by email and undertake to provide us with an up to date email for service. Any email sent to you at the email address you provide us with will be considered duly served and your failure to keep us up to date with your email address will not invalidate service of any notice.
- Our right to vary these terms and conditions
- We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system's capabilities.
- Law and jurisdiction
- Contracts for the purchase of Services or Membership through this website site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with the contracts or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by English law. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with such contracts or their formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Third party rights
- A person who is not party to these terms and conditions or a Contract shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.